Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ah, the Newport life!

Had to work this past weekend at our annual physician conference - this time at The Island Hotel in Newport Beach (last year was Dana Point). This hotel was formally the Four Seasons, which I supposed is a pretty big deal--I really wouldn't know! But it's new owners were pretty fabulous, in fact it was the best treatment we've received as long as I've been involved in these things. And the price was right--deep discounts! Wish I could have enjoyed the room I was given just a little more. The hotel event coordinator upgraded my room to a 2 room suite with a corner view of the ocean and the mountains on the 6th floor. Beautiful. Scott and Scottie came over on Saturday afternoon and got to enjoy the room a little more than I did. (I did sneak in the sunset between conference and dinner Sat night, which was nice.)
My job? Point person/coordinator for the conference with a pretty heavy agenda. Worked my butt off prior and while I was there; thank goodness there was 3 of us! Got an average of about 3-4 hours sleep for the past 10 days. AND had to work on Monday. But it came off without too many problems and I got OT and DT to boot. Will come in handy with Scott still looking for work....
This conference is a pesonal challenge for me, because it seems so much bigger than I'm really capable of handling. It seems I have to work twice as hard (and long) just to make sure it's OK.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Scott & Mollie's Blog